Hello everybody! Dixon High School is gearing up for the remainder of our fall semester and Homecoming, 2023 with some awesome opportunities for our student body.
Now that we are all settled in school, here are some things to keep in mind as we move forward.
Events, Timelines, and Opportunities for All Stakeholders
- Attend our athletic events. Our fall sports are well underway and they are so fun to watch. Follow our DHS Athletics Facebook Page for schedules. We have a home football game this THURSDAY evening so come out and enjoy the festivities.
- Our Student Leadership Class is working hard to welcome students and plan for Homecoming, 2023.
- Spirit Week is the week of October 2 – October 6 so start planning outfits! Our spirit days are Movie Monday, Toy Aisle Tuesday, Western Wednesday (for Cowboy Ken), Vintage Barbie Thursday, and Pink Out Friday!
- Our Homecoming football game win against Woodland High is on Friday, October 6.
- Homecoming Dance tickets are on sale this week during lunch time. Tickets cost $35 per person and no guests are allowed at Homecoming. The dance is on Saturday, October 7, from 8-11pm.
- The end of the 6-week grading period was this past Friday, September 15. This means that progress reports are on their way. They should arrive in mailboxes beginning early next week and our athletic department will be working with student athletes who may find themselves ineligible. If you or your student needs support, it is always good to have a conversation with teachers first and all students are encouraged to get free tutoring in the Learning Center 0 period, or after school.
- It is time to start thinking about ordering your copy of the 2024 Dixon High School Yearbook. Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com (Order #7317) to pay by credit card or by mail-in check by calling 866-287-3096.
- AP Students are getting important information about registering with CollegeBoard and preparing to order their AP tests. Remember, it is very important for students to sit for the AP tests when they take an AP class. All information will be sent via student email and delivered by AP teachers.
Events, Timelines, and Opportunities for the Class of 2024 Specifically
- It is time to get college applications going. Reach out to your counselor if you need support through this process. Also, here is a link to some important information regarding post-secondary opportunities (college, trade school, military) College and Post-Secondary Plans.
- If you are a senior (or love a senior) and want to register for the SAT and/or ACT exams. Go to CollegeBoard to find and register for local test dates.
- If you are a senior (or love a senior) who needs to schedule a photo session for an official DHS yearbook picture, Senior Picture makeup day is October 2 and October 3. Students will receive an email with their 8-digit appointment code. In this email, there will be step-by-step directions as to how to schedule an appointment.
Upcoming Events/Home Athletic Events
Thursday, 9/21 Football v. Union Mine
Thursday, 9/21 DUSD Board Meeting at 6:00
Tuesday, 9/26 Water Polo and Tennis at DHS
Tuesday, 9/26 ELAC Meeting, 6:00
Thursday, 9/28 Water Polo and Tennis at DHS
2023-2024 Attendance Calendar
2023-2024 Student and Parent Handbook
2023-2024 Manuel Para Estudiantes y Padres
2023-2024 DHS Bell Schedule
2023-24 Final Board Approved Calendar.pdf
2023-2024 DHS Campus Map
DHS Food Drop Off Policy
DHS Phone and Earbud Policy
Questions or concerns:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns. I proudly serve this community and can be reached by email or phone any time.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
(707) 693-6330 ext.7113