We are nearing the end of our first 6 week term. Can you believe it?
Here are some things to keep in mind as we move forward.
Events, Timelines, and Opportunities for All Stakeholders
- Attend our athletic events. Our fall sports are well underway and they are so fun to watch. Follow our DHS Athletics Facebook Page for schedules.
- Our Student Leadership Class is working hard to welcome students and plan for Homecoming, 2023.
- They hosted a Club Fair at lunch last week and DHS proudly hosts over 17 clubs this year.
- Students will have the opportunity to get involved in many Homecoming activities the week of October 2-7, including our football game against Woodland High School on Friday, October 6 and our Homecoming Fancy Dance on Saturday, October 7.
- The end of the 6-week grading period is this Friday, September 15. This means that progress reports are on their way. Look for them in the mail toward the end of next week. Remember, this is a progress report so your student has time to recover if their grades are low. That said, all athletes must have a 2.0 to participate in athletics. If you or your student needs support in this, it is always good to have a conversation with teachers first and all students are encouraged to get free tutoring in the Learning Center 0 period, or after school.
- It is time to start thinking about ordering your copy of the 2024 Dixon High School Yearbook. Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com (Order #7317) to pay by credit card or by mail-in check by calling 866-287-3096.
- AP Students are getting important information about registering with CollegeBoard and preparing to order their AP tests. Remember, it is very important for students to sit for the AP tests when they take an AP class. All information will be sent via student email and delivered by AP teachers.
Events, Timelines, and Opportunities for the Class of 2024 Specifically
- It is time to get college applications going. Reach out to your counselor if you need support through this process. Also, here is a link to some important information regarding post-secondary opportunities (college, trade school, military) College and Post-Secondary Plans.
- If you are a senior (or love a senior) and want to register for the SAT and/or ACT exams. Go to CollegeBoard to find and register for local test dates.
- If you are a senior (or love a senior) who needs to schedule a photo session for an official DHS yearbook picture, Senior Picture makeup day is October 2 and October 3. Students will receive an email with their 8-digit appointment code. In this email, there will be step-by-step directions as to how to schedule an appointment.We will be sending out more information in a separate communication later today.
Upcoming Events/Home Athletic Events
Today, 9/12 PTO Meeting 7:00
Wednesday, 9/13 Volleyball and Flag Football v. Mesa Verde
Thursday, 9/14 Water Polo v. Mira Loma
Thursday, 9/21 Football v. Union Mine
Thursday, 9/21 DUSD Board Meeting at 6:0
2023-2024 Attendance Calendar
2023-2024 Student and Parent Handbook
2023-2024 Manuel Para Estudiantes y Padres
2023-2024 DHS Bell Schedule
2023-24 Final Board Approved Calendar.pdf
2023-2024 DHS Campus Map
Questions or concerns:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns. I proudly serve this community and can be reached by email or phone any time.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
(707) 693-6330 ext.7113