At DHS, we focus on three common expectations with our social norms at Dixon High School.
ENGAGE SEEK SUPPORT BE PRESENT
For the next couple of weeks, I will share information about each one of these expectations so our entire community can support our students.
Seeking Support is Critical to the Physical, Social, and Emotional Health of our Students
- We want to hear from you! We can help with so many things and we welcome your calls, emails, and conversations. Please reach out any time! 2023-2024 Who’s Who at Dixon High School.pdf
- We want to reach you! Make sure to complete the Parent Data Confirmation if you haven’t already done so. Help is available! Mrs. Gonzalez will be having office hours, Monday-Friday from 9:00-10:30am and 3:00-4:00 pm if you need support with completing Parent Data Confirmation. Or, if you would like to schedule an appointment for a different time, please call her at 707-693-6330 ext. 7126.
- Our staff works very hard to keep families informed. Please make sure to read their emails, return their calls, and ask questions when you have them.
- If your student is struggling, at school or at home, please reach out to your student’s assistant principal. Student’s last name starting with A-La, your assistant principal is Mrs. Brand. Student’s last name starting with Le-Z, your assistant principal is Mr. Welborn. We are all available to help so if you have any concerns or just want to chat, call any one of us.
- Join one of our parent groups! We have an active Parent Teacher Organization and their next meeting is on Tuesday, September 12, our ELAC group for families of our English Learners will have their first meeting on Tuesday, September 26.
Student Academic Support
- The best resource for academic support is your student’s teacher! Reach out to your student’s teacher directly! Teacher emails are available on the Dixon High Website
- If your students need additional support or a safe, friendly place to do their homework, please encourage them to visit our Learning Center in the DHS Library. We have the nicest staff and will soon have paid tutors. The Learning Center is open every day from 7:30-8:30 in the morning and 2:00-4:00 after school (1:00-3:00 on Wednesdays).
- If you aren’t sure how to help your student or think they may need more extensive intervention, contact your assistant principal.
Student Social and Emotional Support
We embed these supports in everything we do at DHS! Some of these may seem inconsequential but they really are designed to identify and address student supports:
- We greet our students at the door. This allows us to “check in” and build relationships.
- As an AVID School-wide school we engage students in rigorous learning which helps students maintain a positive, focused purpose.
- We have a huge team of awesome adults who ALWAYS put students first.
- Through PBIS, we have common expectations for behavioral support.
- We support student activities.
- We build and value relationships with students and model respectful adult relationships.
- We have a visible admin team and three AMAZING campus supervisors.
- Our mission and social contract support student mental health.
- We have a team of counselors and mental health clinicians, as well as county support.
2023-2024 Attendance Calendar
2023-2024 Student and Parent Handbook
2023-2024 Manuel Para Estudiantes y Padres
2023-2024 DHS Bell Schedule
2023-24 Final Board Approved Calendar.pdf
2023-2024 DHS Campus Map
Questions or concerns:
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or concerns. I proudly serve this community and can be reached by email or phone any time.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
(707) 693-6330 ext.7113