Dear Dixon High School Families,
First and foremost, thank you! Our students are not only doing a great job with assessments but they are showing up early, working hard, and communicating with staff in such a positive way. You Can’t Hide That Ram Pride!
Here are some things to keep in mind and get on those calendars:
CAASPP Testing and i-Ready Update
Again, we are so proud of how ready our students are to engage fully in assessments. Tomorrow is a regular short Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday, our 10th graders will take their i-Ready Diagnostic while the 11th graders complete their CAASPP Tests. Our food service is still available with breakfast before testing and again, before 0 period for any and all students. Here is the schedule for this week: DHS CAASPP TESTING BELL SCHEDULE
Our students in AP classes will be sitting for those exams between May 1 and May 12.
Prom is Coming Up
The 2023 Prom is coming up on Friday, May 5 at the Rancho Solano Country Club. This is a beautiful venue that is perfect for a fancy dance. Tickets will be sold all next week, with upper classmen (11th and 12th graders) pre-sales this Friday. Tickets cost $65 each. Buy tickets early as this dance tends to sell out.
Amazing Visual and Performing Arts Events
- April 28-29, Friday/Saturday: Drama club production Beauty and the Beast
- May 3, Wednesday 7:00 pm: Guest Artist concert, tickets available April 20th
Every year, Mr. Coulson hosts a wonderful guest artist concert. This year, the guest artist is Steve Russo!!! Join us in honoring Mr. Coulson and Mr. Russo, two great educators and musicians.
- May 20, Saturday 7:00 pm: Alumni Jazz Band Concert
- May 23, Tuesday 7:00 pm: DHS Choir Concert
- May 25, Thursday 7:00 pm: End of Year Band Concert
Honoring the Class of 2023!
We have several events coming up to honor our graduating seniors. I will be sending more detailed information to seniors and senior parents next week.
- April 28, Friday: Cap and gown distribution at lunch
- May 15, Monday, 6:30pm: Senior Awards Night on Monday
- May 19, Friday: Class of 2023 Elementary Tour
- May 22, Monday, 6:30pm: Distinguished Scholars Night
- June 2, Friday: Graduation Practice after last final
- June 3, Saturday, 9:00am: Graduation on Saturday
Other Events and Important Dates
- May 1-11: AP Testing
- May 12: Minimum Day
- May 16: ELD Reclassification Ceremony
- May 17: AVID Senior Night
- May 24: FFA Banquet
- May 29: No School
- May 31-June 2: Finals Schedule
- June 3, 9:00 am Graduation Ceremony
Here are links to important documents you need:
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/yj9akacy
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/9du3sjw6
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/2p8b3xbb
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/bdzftd72
As always, please let us know how we can help.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
email@example.com, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113