Dear Dixon High School Families,
Happy Valentine’s Day!! We are really enjoying our students’ expressions of friendship and love this holiday. Here is what is going on:
Scheduling for Next School Year
Students should have completed their course requests for next year. The form is still open until this weekend so let us know if you have questions. Here are some of the documents your student (and families) should be familiar with.
- Important general information: 2023-2024 Course Catalog
- Important points discussed in student presentations last week:
- Students are to do this work WITH YOU!!! 🙂
Grading Period Ends on Friday
The spring, 6 week grading period ends this Thursday, February 16. Please look for progress reports next week. There is a lot more time in this semester so if your student isn’t performing as well as they should, we are here to help.
There are many built in supports, including our Learning Center – a fabulous place – open every morning and afternoon for any students looking for a safe place to do work with optional tutoring support. Please encourage your student to stop by.
Aeries Parent Portal
Keep up on your student’s grades, assignments, and check contact information using Aeries Parent Portal. Be sure you are using the Dixon Unified Parent Portal link found on the district website. If you need help signing up, call the school at 707-693-6330 or email your question.
Our office sent home fee letters with a current accounting of materials that students have not returned. Items should be returned to the office, library or paid for by the end of the year. We send these letters mid-year so families have time to track down materials and/or get questions answered. Please stop by our office, or give us a call, if you have any questions.
DHS Winter Ball
The Winter Ball was amazing! Our kids did a great job and it is always nice to see them all dressed up and enjoying an evening together. Huge thanks to our Leadership class and our PTO for helping get everything organized. Our next fancy dance is the junior prom which tends to be a bigger dance and will be held at the Rancho Solano Clubhouse on Saturday, May 6. Much more information to come!!
Graduating Class of 2023!
Senior Signs are Coming! DUSD and DHS have the Senior Yard Signs in hand and our staff and PTO will be delivering these to homes on Saturday, March 4 as we kickoff our senior activities. You just can’t hide, that RAM PRIDE!
Scholarships for Seniors
There are many scholarships available for all kinds of graduates. Our counselors and I have been sending outside scholarship opportunity information to seniors as they trickle in. Please encourage your senior to check their school email daily as we progress through the year so they do not miss important information and opportunities. Also, students will have the opportunity to apply for local Community Scholarships beginning on March 6th. These local, generous gifts, will be celebrated at our Senior Awards Night on May 15th.
Here are some traditional senior celebrations and activities to be aware of. Remember, we look forward to this every year and can’t wait to honor your students!
- Senior Yard Signs will be delivered to homes on Saturday, March 4
- In late February/Early March, students will have the opportunity to apply for Community Scholarships.
- Our athletic teams continue to celebrate senior athletes at home contests.
- Award Ceremonies and Senior Nights (beyond athletics) begin in May.
- Paint the Town Green and other events will take place in May as well.
- Graduation ceremony for the Class of 2023 is on Saturday, June 3, at 9:00 am in the stadium.
- Don’t forget to complete your senior’s FAFSA – a significantly “unfun” but very important task. Beginning this year, every senior in California must complete their FAFSA to earn a diploma so we really recommend you get this done soon. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our counselors for support if needed. To start, go to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
This month of February we will begin the ELPAC exams. As you know, this is a state required test for students identified as English Learners. There are four domains on the exam. We will start with the speaking part and then the rest of the test will be taken in a group setting. If you have any questions you can contact Mrs. Gonzalez,firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase the 2023 Dixon High Yearbook
Yearbooks can be purchased online throughout the school year. Purchase the 2023 Dixon High Yearbook online throughout the school year! Order one by credit card or eCheck at www.yearbookordercenter.com (Order# 7317) or by mail-in-check by calling 1-866-287-3096.
Notes From Our Office
- Reminder: DoorDash and other food delivery services will not be received at school for students
- Please remember, we have a closed campus. Students are not allowed to leave campus and return during their day unless they are signed out by a parent or guardian. This includes stepping outside of campus to pick up food or other items. If you need to drop off something for your student, please do so at the front office.
College Advising on Wednesdays for All Students
Our counseling office is hosting College Wednesdays at lunch in the College and Career Center. All students are welcome to stop in and get their college and career questions answered. This is a great opportunity for our seniors to get help with finalizing applications, completing the FAFSA, making career decisions, etc. It is also a fantastic opportunity for our younger students who are exploring post-secondary opportunities.
We Have Answers
Do you have questions about school policies and procedures such as dress code, attendance, etc? Please take time to read through the DHS Student & Parent Handbook! Many answers can be found here!
Upcoming Calendar Events – Get out those calendars! 🙂
February 17: No School (Teacher Work Day)
February 20: No School (Holiday)
February 21-24: FFA Week
March 12: Daylight Savings – SPRING Forward
March 15: Spring Band Concert, 7:00 pm
April 3-7: Spring Break
Here are links to important documents you need:
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/yj9akacy
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/9du3sjw6
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/2p8b3xbb
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/bdzftd72
As always, please let us know how we can help.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
email@example.com, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113