Dear Dixon High School Families,
We are on our way with course requests for next school year and preparing for an awesome spring with our seniors. Here is what is going on:
Scheduling for Next School Year
All of our current 8th-11th graders are preparing their course requests for next school year. I know it seems early but our master schedule and appropriate staffing is determined by student course requests. We encourage you to engage fully with your student and seek support if you need it.
- Our admin team met with all students yesterday to explain the entire process. Here are some of the documents your student (and families) should be familiar with.
- For important general information: 2023-2024 Course Catalog
- Some important points discussed in our student presentations:
- A summary list of Electives: DHS Elective Choices 2023-2024
- Information and contract for AP/Honors Courses: AP/Honors Contract
- I have sent a google form for scheduling to all 9th-11th graders and those are due by this Friday, February 10th
- Students have been asked to do this work WITH YOU!!! 🙂
DHS Winter Ball
The Winter Ball was amazing! Our kids did a great job and it is always nice to see them all dressed up and enjoying an evening together. Huge thanks to our Leadership class and our PTO for helping get everything organized. Our next fancy dance is the junior prom which tends to be a bigger dance and will be held at the Rancho Solano Clubhouse on Saturday, May 6. Much more information to come!!
Graduating Class of 2023!
Senior Signs are Coming! DUSD and DHS have the Senior Yard Signs in hand and our staff and PTO will be delivering these to homes on Saturday, March 4 as we kickoff our senior activities. You just can’t hide, that RAM PRIDE!
Here are some traditional senior celebrations and activities to be aware of. Remember, we look forward to this every year and can’t wait to honor your students!
- Senior Yard Signs will be delivered to homes on Saturday, March 4
- In late February/Early March, students will have the opportunity to apply for Community Scholarships.
- Our athletic teams continue to celebrate senior athletes at home contests.
- Award Ceremonies and Senior Nights (beyond athletics) begin in May.
- Paint the Town Green and other events will take place in May as well.
- Graduation ceremony for the Class of 2023 is on Saturday, June 3, at 9:00 am in the stadium.
- Don’t forget to complete your senior’s FAFSA – a significantly “unfun” but very important task. Beginning this year, every senior in California must complete their FAFSA to earn a diploma so we really recommend you get this done soon. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our counselors for support if needed. To start, go to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Dixon Migrant Parent Advisory Meeting
Dixon Migrant parent advisory committee invites you to our monthly meetings on Monday, February 13th, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Join us and participate in the presentation on Nutrition. Our in-person meeting will take place in the Library of Dixon High School (555 College Way). We will meet in the library. If you can’t join us in person, please join us via Zoom. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, Mayté Gudiño email@example.com We are looking forward to seeing you!
Join Zoom Meeting
This month of February we will begin the ELPAC exams. As you know, this is a state required test for students identified as English Learners. There are four domains on the exam. We will start with the speaking part and then the rest of the test will be taken in a group setting. If you have any questions you can contact Mrs. Gonzalez,firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase the 2023 Dixon High Yearbook
Yearbooks can be purchased online throughout the school year. Purchase the 2023 Dixon High Yearbook online throughout the school year! Order one by credit card or eCheck at www.yearbookordercenter.com (Order# 7317) or by mail-in-check by calling 1-866-287-3096.
Notes From Our Office
- Reminder: DoorDash and other food delivery services will not be received at school for students.
College Advising on Wednesdays for All Students
Our counseling office is hosting College Wednesdays at lunch in the College and Career Center. All students are welcome to stop in and get their college and career questions answered. This is a great opportunity for our seniors to get help with finalizing applications, completing the FAFSA, making career decisions, etc. It is also a fantastic opportunity for our younger students who are exploring post-secondary opportunities.
We Have Answers
Do you have questions about school policies and procedures such as dress code, attendance, etc? Please take time to read through the DHS Student & Parent Handbook! Many answers can be found here!
Upcoming Calendar Events – Get out those calendars! 🙂
February 9: Choir concert 7:00 pm
February 10: Course Requests Due
February 13: Dixon Migrant Parent Advisory Mtg
February 17: No School (Teacher Work Day)
February 20: No School (Holiday)
Here are links to important documents you need:
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/yj9akacy
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/9du3sjw6
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/2p8b3xbb
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/bdzftd72
As always, please let us know how we can help.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
email@example.com, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113