Dear Dixon High School Families,
It was so nice to visit with so many families at the Course Expo last week! What a wonderful evening our teachers put together!
Over the next few weeks we have some really important things going on. Please read through the following:
Scheduling for Next School Year
All of our current 8th-11th graders will be preparing their course requests for next school year. I know it seems early but our master schedule and appropriate staffing is determined by student course requests. Here is a timeline of events and some support documents as we move forward. We encourage you to engage fully with your student and seek support if you need it.
- Counselors will meet with current 11th graders this week for a transcript review so students are aware of any a-g or graduation requirements they need to graduate.
- Our admin team will meet with all students on Monday, February 6 (we pushed this back a little) to explain the entire process. Here are some of the documents your student (and families) should be familiar with.
- A summary list of Electives: DHS Elective Choices 2023-2024
- Information and contract for AP/Honors Courses: AP/Honors Contract
- I will send students a google form for scheduling the afternoon of February 6.
Google Forms DUE by February 8.
DHS Winter Ball
We are very excited for our Winter Ball, one of our “Fancy Dances” this weekend! The event takes place at Historic Hotel Woodland, a beautiful venue, at 436 Main Street in Woodland. Students enter through the patio entrance behind the venue and the dance is from 8:00 – 11:00.
If you or your student needs any unsolicited Fancy Dance Advice from Marquez, I am sending this information out to students this week: DHS Fancy Dance Info
Graduating Class of 2023!
Senior Signs are Coming! DUSD and DHS have the Senior Yard Signs in hand and our staff and PTO will be delivering these to homes on Saturday, March 4 as we kickoff our senior activities. You just can’t hide, that RAM PRIDE!
Here are some traditional senior celebrations and activities to be aware of. Remember, we look forward to this every year and can’t wait to honor your students!
- In accordance with California Legislative Policy, all seniors must complete a FAFSA to earn a diploma this year. You can start this at home but we will have more opportunities for support soon.
- In late February/Early March, students will have the opportunity to apply for Community Scholarships.
- Our athletic teams will continue to celebrate senior athletes at home contests.
- Award Ceremonies and Senior Nights (beyond athletics) begin in May.
- Paint the Town Green and other events will take place in May as well.
- Graduation for the Class of 2023 is on Saturday, June 3, at 9:00 am in the stadium.
Dixon Migrant Parent Advisory Meeting
Dixon Migrant parent advisory committee invites you to our monthly meetings on Monday, February 13th, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Join us and participate in the presentation on Nutrition. Our in-person meeting will take place in the Library of Dixon High School (555 College Way). We will meet in the library. If you can’t join us in person, please join us via Zoom. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, Mayté Gudiño firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking forward to seeing you!
Join Zoom Meeting
This month of February we will begin the ELPAC exams. As you know, this is a state required test for students identified as English Learners. There are four domains on the exam. We will start with the speaking part and then the rest of the test will be taken in a group setting. If you have any questions you can contact Mrs. Gonzalez,email@example.com
Purchase the 2023 Dixon High Yearbook
Yearbooks can be purchased online throughout the school year. Purchase the 2023 Dixon High Yearbook online throughout the school year! Order one by credit card or eCheck at www.yearbookordercenter.com (Order# 7317) or by mail-in-check by calling 1-866-287-3096.
Notes From Our Office
- Reminder: DoorDash and other food delivery services will not be received at school for students.
College Advising on Wednesdays for All Students
Our counseling office is hosting College Wednesdays at lunch in the College and Career Center. All students are welcome to stop in and get their college and career questions answered. This is a great opportunity for our seniors to get help with finalizing applications, completing the FAFSA, making career decisions, etc. It is also a fantastic opportunity for our younger students who are exploring post-secondary opportunities.
We Have Answers
Do you have questions about school policies and procedures such as dress code, attendance, etc? Please take time to read through the DHS Student & Parent Handbook! Many answers can be found here!
Upcoming Calendar Events – Get out those calendars! 🙂
February 4: Winter Ball
February 6: Course Request All Class Meetings on Campus
February 8: Course Requests Due
February 9: Choir concert 7:00 pm
February 13: Dixon Migrant Parent Advisory Mtg
February 17: No School! (Teacher Work Day)
February 20: No School (Holiday)
Here are links to important documents you need:
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/yj9akacy
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/9du3sjw6
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/2p8b3xbb
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/bdzftd72
As always, please let us know how we can help.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113