Dear Dixon High School Families,
Thank you in advance for reading the RAMpage each week! If you have any requests for information, please let me know. Also, if you have a friend that isn’t getting our emails, please have them call our office so we can find out what is going on so we have everybody on the same page.
We get so excited when families seek support with questions, concerns, or need help with a student. You are encouraged to attend our events and welcome to reach out via email any time. I will happily answer your questions or refer you to someone that can help. email@example.com.
If you have an AP student, today is the last day for them to register in their AP classrooms ( they should use their personal email when they do this). Registering does not commit them to the AP test but they need to register with the College Board if they are thinking about taking the test.
Final Exams are Coming Up
Final exams are an important part of high school academics. Students are required to sit for exams and we do not offer early finals. If your student is going to be absent for finals, please reach out to your student’s Assistant Principal about make up options.
Here is the schedule for finals: Fall Finals Schedule
Message From Our DHS PTO
If you would like to help celebrate the holidays with the teachers & staff, the PTO is collecting some holiday treats for the staff.
Below is the link to the signup for staff appreciation gift donations.
Notes From Our Office
- Requests for Short Term Independent Study (STIS). Here is what you should know…
- STIS is only an option for students missing 3-14 school days.
- STIS must be pre-approved by an assistant principal at least 10 working days prior to the absence. Student’s/families’ unofficial agreements with teachers or staff will not be recognized for attendance purposes.
- STIS is not an option for students with less than a 2.0 GPA or a student who has an incomplete STIS in the past.
- STIS work must be turned in the day they are scheduled to return. It will not be accepted late for any reason.
- It is very important that students attend school every period, every day! That said, we know your student may need to miss. When they are out, please remember to communicate with us and bring in those doctor and dentist notes. We are happy to work with you but if we don’t hear from you, we can’t excuse your student’s absence. We know our phones are often busy so please feel free to leave a message or email Jennifer Parks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your student’s grades are not what they should be, please consider that we have a Learning Center, with tutors, in the library every morning and afternoon. If you would like information about the Learning Center, please contact our Learning Center Coordinator, Melinda Hartsook at email@example.com.
- We want to help your student succeed at school! Please reach out to our admin team or counseling team for support.
- If your student’s last name begins with the letters A-La, you can contact Maria Becerra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bob Bugalski (email@example.com).
- If your student’s last name begins with the letters Le-Z, you can contact Ricardo Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brian Welborn (email@example.com).
For Seniors Only
Please join us this Thursday, November 17 at 5:30pm in the library and make sure to bring your student and their Chromebook.
As we’ve mentioned before, in accordance with California Legislative Policy, all seniors must complete a FAFSA to earn a diploma this year. The FAFSA is an important document for ALL students as they move forward with college and career, including trade programs.
College Advising on Wednesdays for All Students
Our counseling office is hosting College Wednesdays at lunch in the College and Career Center. All students are welcome to stop in and get their college and career questions answered. This is a great opportunity for our seniors to get help with finalizing applications, completing the FAFSA, making career decisions, etc. It is also a fantastic opportunity for our younger students who are exploring post-secondary opportunities.
We Have Answers
Do you have questions about school policies and procedures such as dress code, attendance, etc? Please take time to read through the DHS Student & Parent Handbook! Many answers can be found here!
Upcoming Calendar Events – Get out those calendars! 🙂
November 17: FAFSA Workshop
November 21-25: Thanksgiving Break
December 7: PSA Holiday Celebration
December 13: Winter Band Concert
December 12-16: Finals Week
Here are links to important documents you need:
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/yj9akacy
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/9du3sjw6
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/2p8b3xbb
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/bdzftd72
As always, please let us know how we can help.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113