Dear Dixon High School Families,
We are cruising through our fall semester. 12 week grades were mailed home on Saturday, 11/8 so you should have received your student’s report card yesterday (or possibly today).
Please remember our three common expectations (for all of us) as we move through the year.
Engage – participate actively and fully in learning
Seek Support – let adults know if and when you need support
Be Present – focus on what you are doing, when you are doing it
I want to take a moment to focus on the idea of “Seeking Support.” This is HUGE for us as we support all of our kids. We will be doing some activities in the next few weeks to support students in communicating their needs and the needs of their peers. Please stay tuned.
It is also important that families seek support when you have questions, concerns, or need help with your student or a student you know. You are encouraged to attend our events and welcome to reach out via email any time. I will happily answer your questions or refer you to someone that can help. email@example.com. We all need to work together to support our kids.
Parent Information Opportunities
- Please join our DHS PTO this evening in the Theater. They are meeting at 7:00pm.
- Senior parents are invited to join us for our FAFSA workshop Wednesday (tomorrow) to get help with creating a FAFSA login. Remember, to complete the FAFSA at a later date, you will have to have your login ready to go.
- Please check out our web page at dixonusd.org. For example, If you want to know if it is a single or double week you can find that information here: https://www.dixonusd.org/dhs/ scroll down to the calendar. If you click on “single/double day” in the calendar the bell schedule will pop up.
Indoor Field Show
Want to do something fun? Come enjoy the DHS Band’s Indoor Field Show performance on Thursday evening (at 7:00) in the theater. Be warned! This show is VERY FAST and VERY AWESOME! If you come late, you will miss it.
Fall Sport Playoffs
All of our teams are away this week as they continue to win, win, win! This week, our Water Polo teams play today (girls at River City) and Thursday (boys at Ripon) and our football team plays Friday night at Liberty Ranch. Tickets are available on GoFan (gofan.com).
Notes From Our Office
- It is very important that students attend school every period, every day! That said, we know your student may need to miss. When they are out, please remember to communicate with us and bring in those doctor and dentist notes. We are happy to work with you but if we don’t hear from you, we can’t excuse your student’s absence. We know our phones are often busy so please feel free to leave a message or email Jennifer Parks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final exams are an important part of high school academics. Students are required to sit for exams. We do not offer early finals and, if students are going to miss school during finals week, they need to get approval from their Assistant Principal.
- If your student’s grades are not what they should be, please consider that we have a Learning Center, with tutors, in the library every morning and afternoon. If you would like information about the Learning Center, please contact our Learning Center Coordinator, Melinda Hartsook at email@example.com.
- We want to help you help your student succeed at school! Please reach out to our admin team or counseling team for support. If your student’s last name begins with the letters A-La, you can contact Maria Becerra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bob Bugalski (email@example.com). If your student’s last name begins with the letters Le-Z, you can contact Ricardo Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brian Welborn (email@example.com). They know everything!
College Advising on Wednesdays for All Students
Our counseling office is hosting College Wednesdays at lunch in the College and Career Center. All students are welcome to stop in and get their college and career questions answered. This is a great opportunity for our seniors to get help with finalizing applications, completing the FAFSA, making career decisions, etc. It is also a fantastic opportunity for our younger students who are exploring post-secondary opportunities.
We Have Answers
Do you have questions about school policies and procedures such as dress code, attendance, etc? Please take time to read through the DHS Student & Parent Handbook! Many answers can be found here!
Upcoming Calendar Events – Get out those calendars! 🙂
November 8-9: Make up Senior Portraits
November 8: DHS PTO Meeting, 7:00 pm
November 9: Support for Senior Parents – FAFSA login, 5:30-6:30
November 10: DHS Band Indoor Marching Experience, 7:00 pm
November 11: No School
November 17: FAFSA Workshop
November 21-25: Thanksgiving Break
Here are links to important documents you need:
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/yj9akacy
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/9du3sjw6
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/2p8b3xbb
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/bdzftd72
As always, please let us know how we can help.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113