Dear Dixon High School Families,
Just this week a teacher told me this: “I cannot believe how fast our students are recovering. Every single day, by the hour, they get healthier and healthier and open up to us. It is wonderful!” It is true, our students are so positive, and are really embracing our culture. We look forward to a positive end of the year and a great start to next year.If you have a student that needs support remember to let us know! Your best point of contact is an Assistant Principal, Bob Bugalski and Angela West. They can either help you directly or refer you to the proper support.
Town Hall Meeting #3
Please join us for our last District Town Hall Meeting regarding student supports. We will have site based discussions in an effort to plan for next school year. Join us at JKMS in the gym on May 11th from 6-7:30pm
It is really important to check in with your student regarding their progress! Final grades are only a few weeks away and your student needs support in staying focused and productive. It is also important to continue communicating with teachers so if you have any questions at all, please reach out to your student’s teachers. We realize that Homelink was down for some time and there is a new link to access it on the district website. Here is the link: https://aeries.dixonusd.org/HomeLink/LoginParent.aspx
Dixon Migrant Parent Advisory Committee
Come to this month’s meeting on Monday, May 16th, from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Join us and participate in the different topics that we will share. We will review the District Service Agreements and go over the Migrant Education Program funds. Our in-person meeting will take place in the District Office Professional Development Center or via Zoom. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Mayté Gudiño email@example.com . We are looking forward to seeing you!
Join Zoom Meeting
If your student wants to purchase a 2022 Dixon High School Yearbook, they can do so online throughout the school year! Order by credit card or eCheck at www.yearbookordercenter.com (Order# 7317) or by mail-in-check by calling 1-866-287-3096. This info is also available on the Yearbook page of Dixon High School’s website.
Job Opportunities with DUSD
Dixon Unified School District has job openings! See what positions are available by going to www.Edjoin.org. To fill a position in the classroom as an Aid or Paraprofessional, you must have completed the Paraprofessional Exam, or have 48 College Units completed. We will be offering the Paraprofessional Exam to any parent who would like to become eligible to apply for an Aid or Paraprofessional. To schedule your exam, please reach out to Carina Martinez, firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 693-6300.
I am so proud of our seniors! Here are the events coming up this week and next:
- Tomorrow morning, 45 seniors registered to go on an Elementary school tour to visit our little, future RAMS and share their excitement about earning diplomas and engaging in post-secondary plans. If your senior is participating, please remind them to show up outside the front office at 8:00 am tomorrow with their gown and “advertisement” of their future plans, ready to hop on the bus and have some fun!
- Monday night is Senior Awards Night, beginning at 6:30 in the theater. Students receiving awards have been notified by email and given a hard copy invite. What a great opportunity to see the generosity of our community in action as they help honor our kids as they move into the world.
- Also, it is time to prepare for my FAVORITE Dixon activity…Paint the Town Green!! As we build up to graduation on June 4th, please consider decorating your yard, home, car, business, windows…anything for that matter…GREEN! Also, send me pictures of any greeness you find at email@example.com and I will post those on our Facebook Page!
AP students are still participating in AP Testing this week. This is hard work for them! If your student is taking AP tests, encourage them to sleep, eat and hydrate well. Also, remember the rules for AP testing, from the College Board, are very strict. Students must arrive on time and follow the guidelines regarding food, drink, phones, etc. and they must bring their school issued laptops.
Summer School Programs
Check out the District website for upcoming summer school programs.
- May 2-13: AP Testing
- May 12: Senior Parade Elementary Tour
- May 13: & 14 Drama Club Performance- Legally Blonde the Musical, 5:00 pm
- May 15: Drama Club Performance- Legally Blonde the Musical, 1:00 pm
- May 16: Community Scholarship Awards Night – 6:30 pm
- May 17: Reclassification Ceremony for English Learners
- May 18: AVID Night
- May 23: Distinguished Scholars Night – 7:00 pm
- May 24: Choir Concert – 7:00 pm
- May 25: FFA Night
- May 26: End of Year Band Concert – 7:00 pm
- June 4: Graduation Ceremony Class of 2022- 9:00 am, stadium
Here are links to important documents you need:
- Student handbook: https://tinyurl.com/kn8yrkkt
- School calendar: https://tinyurl.com/3uzaac5h
- Single/double week schedule: https://tinyurl.com/4u4cjjsv
- Bell schedule: https://tinyurl.com/whvd2nj5
- Who’s who (english): https://tinyurl.com/tc79h7ze
- Campus map: https://tinyurl.com/3a3r9avw
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Proud Principal of Dixon High School
firstname.lastname@example.org, (707) 693-6330 ext.7113